Sunday 2 September 2012

The adventure has started

Unlike my usual travel habits I am here at the airport with PLENTY of time to spare.  So here I sit, dinner finished, with still nearly 2 hours until my flight!

My bag is overweight (no surprise to anyone I'm sure) but the woman at the check-in counter was lovely.  Gave me a choice between removing 6 lbs or paying the $100.00 excess baggage fee ... I bet you can guess what I chose.  And the whole time I was re-organizing and trying to figure out what to take out the woman at the check-in just kept saying "don't rush, take your time" and she kept chatting to me about my upcoming trip.  I must say, she started my travels off well.

And "thank you" to the wonderful friend who brought me to the airport.

Toronto to Montreal, and then a quick change to a Montreal to Doha, Qatar flight.  My next post will definitely be "international".

3 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you, and can't wait to hear of your official arrival in Qatar! Our only question is "where did you subsequently re-pack the 6 lbs that you removed from your baggage?" lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 6 lbs just got moved from my checked bag to my carry-on...which was full to busting by the time I'd put the extra stuff in it! At least I still had $100.00 in my pocket which I'm sure will come in handy somewhere else.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to following your adventure and looking forward to sharing a glass in Narooma

    ReplyDelete