Sunday 9 September 2012

My first experience in Dubai

My first experience in Dubai had to be, what else, but a mall.  And what a mall this is!  It's called the Dubai Mall - it bills itself as being the largest in the world, and I'm tempted to agree!
 I spent about 4 hours there and didn't begin to see everything this mall has to offer.  I did however manage to see the Aquarium and Underwater Zoo (or at least the outside panelling anyway - I didn't pay to go in), the indoor waterfall, the skating rink, the Dubai Fountain which is a water, sound and light show every 30 minutes... and I also found the Second Cup!  Not that there's any shortage of coffee shops here in the Gulf, but for those logging in from Canada it was nice to see a little touch of home.

There's a section of the Dubai Mall called "Fashion Avenue" with an exclusive VIP entrance and flagship stores of incredibly high end fashions!  As you can see, they even spot clean the carpets on the "Fashion Avenue".








The Dubai Mall is right beside the Burj Khalifa which of course I had to take a look at while I was in the area.  There's an observation deck on the 124th level which I will for sure go to before I leave Dubai.
In my 4 hours there I didn't begin to see nearly all of the over 1200 stores in the mall, with more still set to open.  If you're interested if your favourite store is here just ask - I've got the complete listing and I'll bet it is!

A great introduction to Dubai - with lots more to explore!

2 comments: