Friday 2 October 2020

Weeks 25 to 27...again back at the cottage

I don’t think it matters where in the world you’re living, I can’t imagine that any of us would have envisioned our world as it is currently.  What was going to be a little ‘project’ of mine - to take some photos while I was out walking during a couple of weeks when the schools were shut last March - has now turned into a 6 month undertaking, with realistically, no soon ending in sight.

At the end of August I went back to the cottage for three weeks - first time ever in my life I’ve been there after the Labour Day weekend.

Having some fun with a sunset photo on my first day back

The following night it was the colours after sunset that were really gorgeous!




Stormy night...

Lead to a really windy  day the next day!

I love the power of this lake!







Even though some of the days are still gorgeous beach weather, the night’s are starting to cool off and some tell-tale signs of fall can be seen.  One can’t forget it is September.







On afternoon I went for a walk down along the Bayfield River.




Along the river there is a small, very lovely, little trailer park

And look what I found there...




Tonight’s dinner...you can’t get much fresher!





Another sign of fall...beautiful little mushrooms popping up all over the place.











About 15 kilometres away from Bayfield is another little community called Zurich.  Zurich was founded in 1856 and is known for its Swiss heritage.





St, Peter’s Lutheran Church, built in 1878









Another week later - same tree - more fall colours




Smoke from the wildfires in California was making its way all the way to southern Ontario and we had a few days in a row of very smoky, hazy sunsets.





Another sure sign of fall - the apples and pears are ready for picking

One last sunset before heading back to Toronto for the next little while

No comments:

Post a Comment