Sunday 5 April 2020

Pandemic response - Week 3

Week three of physical distancing and essentially staying at home has finished.  Can’t say that I’m loving any part of it but I think I am, finally, slowing getting a bit more used to it.  The fact that I’m spending 22-23 hours every day inside my house somehow isn’t feeling quite as strange.

I needed to go into the downtown city centre this week, and so the photos from my first walk certainly have a strong ‘urban’ feel to them.

WALK # 1


















I also went by my school while I was out...so sad to see the yellow caution tape surrounding the playground structure


WALK # 2




These weren’t taken all on the same walk, but they have all been taken in my local community.  I’d say someone is out trying to spread a message.








WALK # 3
 Definite signs of spring right at my house and my neighbours




A nice message to end today’s walk

WALK # 4

So if my first walk this week was tending towards an ‘urban’ environment, I’d say my last walk was the opposite...or as opposite as a walk within Canada’s largest city can be.  It was a beautiful spring day today - a bit cloudy when I started out but then the sun came out.  It was just a lovely hour and half - so lots of photos!








Can you see his ‘wife’ back in the trees.  He’s definitely protecting her.


Here comes spring








Pitcher plants.  Don’t get too close - they’re carnivorous.  Insects usually, not fingers, but still best to be careful!



At the start of the trail I walked today there is this little storage shed.  It’s hard to see, but in the top corner of the roof is a Canada Goose.  Despite all the wilderness right around where she is, where I was walking today, she has decided to make her nest on the roof of this shed.  And boy does she squawk at you loudly if you walk too close!





No comments:

Post a Comment