Sunday 19 April 2020

Pandemic response - Week 5

If you had asked me when I started this I would NEVER have thought I’d be working on week # 5 - and today the state of emergency was just extended until at least May 12th!  This week is was also announced that schools will not be going back on May 4th and it’s looking like many more weeks of blog posts still to come.

WALK # 1
It was a very windy day today and that made my beautiful lake wild!!


This is the entry into the harbour.  The piers are pretty much under water and the waves are just crashing into the end!

I don’t know why, but for my whole life this has been my most favourite row of trees in the village.


It’s hard to see in a photo, but these trees are growing nearly parallel to the ground.

Given that we’re heading into spring, this stock-up must be for next winter



WALK # 2

I’m sure by now you’ve noticed quite a few photos from here that have birch trees in them.  There are so many here and I think they are absolutely beautiful!






Look what I finally found - probably the only piece of ‘lost’ clothing here in the village


Tonight’s sunset




WALK # 3


‘Parking lot’ at the marina



Does anyone know what these are?

Bayfield River



WALK # 4

From a much more rural environment back to my very urban environment.  I had to be back downtown today and I took a very long walk, covering lots of territory.



Toronto is known as the “Broadway of the North”...but the theatres are shuttered right now




 There’s a tonne of construction happening in Toronto these days but I still love the mixture of ‘old’ and ‘new’




 And here’s the ‘old’ and ‘new’ together in the same building


I think many of us can relate to this right now!

In the summer months this is actually a water feature and water pours over the top and out the spout to a wading pool on the bottom.




This is one of my most favourite buildings in the city - our old City Hall.



WALK # 5
Not that I can really say there’s anything ‘good’ to come out of current circumstances but I am enjoying taking some walks on various trails in Toronto that I haven’t had the time to walk in years...as well as explore some new ones.  I am very thankful to be living near a very extensive ravine system!!










With far fewer people around, wildlife is definitely seen in places it isn’t usually.


I guess when a Tesla is one of three vehicles in a driveway you get to have a fellow like this guarding out front...

Back in the city...and the lost clothing...

This glove has definitely been here for awhile, weathering the elements!

This is a pretty nice way to end a week..and an escape from the stresses of today! 







No comments:

Post a Comment