Sunday 29 March 2020

Pandemic response - Week 2

Week 2 of pandemic response and it wasn’t an easy one!  I started back at ‘work’ last Monday and it was totally overwhelming!!  My lack of technology and even more my lack of technological knowledge is something I’m finding very frustrating!  The learning curve is incredibly steep - and being on my own here at home doesn’t provide for much support.  So I went to bed completely exhausted every night last week - but it was a mental and emotional exhaustion, not physical.  I have to think (hope?) though that things will get easier as we settle into a routine and work expectations become clearer.

With far more demands on my time now, my walks haven’t been as many or as long, but I still try and get out as many days as I could.

WALK # 1

This was the coolest playground that I just happened to stumble upon.  Good thing I found it on today’s walk - two days later Toronto has closed all public playgrounds and it now has yellow caution tape up all around it, preventing anyone from using it.







A little sign of spring

I liked the bark on this tree

Yonge Street - a major thoroughfare through the city.  This is rush hour, 5:00pm, one day this week.  Eerily quiet!  I don’t like it!


WALK # 2

 I was specifically looking for purple in my neighbourhood today





And it was a great day for lost clothing





WALK # 3



In case you need a bit of sustenance while walking...a banana





 A lonely shopping cart

This was a very interesting tree stump



Another good day for clothing




WALK # 4





No comments:

Post a Comment