Tuesday 19 February 2013

A coastal walk and moving further north

Today dawned another beautiful, sunny, day and so first up on my agenda was to do a beautiful coastal walk from a little community called Dalmeny, south to Narooma.  The walk is approximately 7 kms long, along stunning coastal scenery.  All of the little beaches along the way do have names, but I'm thinking you are likely more interested in the scenery than the beach names - so I've picked a few photos to hopefully give you an idea of what I was experiencing this morning.












At the Narooma end of the walk I was back at Wagonga Inlet again, near the Mill Bay Boardwalk.  As I was watching the birds gathered there I couldn't help but think of the song from Sesame Street - "One of These Things is Not Like the Others".



I know this is not a great photo, but the dark shape underneath the water, with it's 'fin' (?) folded up (the white spot) is a sting ray.  They can often be seen in Wagonga Inlet.


After I'd finished the walk, and met up with my friend for a cup of coffee, I packed my suitcase again and have headed north up the coast to a little community called Bendalong where my friends from Narooma have a holiday house (cottage).  On the way we stopped at a favourite place of mine... a winery!


This is the beach where my friend's place is - Washerwomans Beach - locally known as "Washies".



Not only is the beach lovely here but there's an added bonus to being here - kangaroos!  Plenty of them - all over the lawns and roads in this little community.










Definitely a lovely way to end a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment