Sunday 8 August 2021

Pandemic response - Week 73

Week 73 was a rather laid-back week.  With the exception of the day I spent in Niagara - separate post - I basically spent the week walking in various different places in Toronto - some I’ve been to before and a few new neighbourhoods.

Cherry Beach


Due to COVID there are two or three of these in Toronto this year - a return to drive-in movie theatres.






Kind of nice that I can find a smiley face on the hook on the back of the door in a public toilet!


This building, now part of the University of Toronto, was originally the Knox College building, constructed in 1875 to serve as a Presbyterian seminary.













More of the city art exhibition called “The Brain Project”.



Definitely a new sight in our COVID world…a restaurant’s supply of hand sanitizer.


Lake Ontario, west of Toronto, at a little town called Bronte.


Tropical milkweed and its pods (below).  I have never seen it before.





One of the commercial streets near my home is painting some of the poles along the street this year.  Each one is uniquely different.


As it says, Donald Watt was the designer of our Canadian flag.


John Rutsey was the original drummer for the progressive rock band “Rush”

Seed pods from a Turkish Filbert tree.  I had never seen them before…and the squirrels were loving them!




Traditional milkweed pods - starting to get big.



Not far from my place and the homeowner is also the artist.







One last flower hanging on there.

Must ask my neighbours where they got their new chairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment