Sunday 15 August 2021

Killbear Provincial Park (week 74)

Killbear Provincial Park is located in Georgian Bay, about 35 kms away from Parry Sound.  Killbear contains sandy beaches, typical of the Great Lakes but not found so much in Georgian Bay, along with the rock ridges and pines of the Canadian Shield.  The park is ecologically significant for its large and varied types of shoreline.  Although the park is primarily used by campers there are some really nice walking trails too and that’s what I did while I was nearby.







Seen this lighthouse from all angles now.  Today I walked to the point, and in another post you can see where I went by it on one of my boat excursions on Georgian Bay.


















The picnic table was pretty old and decrepit, but the view made it the perfect place to stop and have a few snacks.





This little guy was right in the middle of the path where I was walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment