Saturday 5 July 2014

Figuring this out again - from Ottawa

Hello everyone - I'm getting ready to do some more travelling, this time to Canada's north: to Nunavut, the Northwest Territory and the Yukon, and tonight I'm figuring out if I can remember how to post onto my blog again.

I've made it to Ottawa so far - a nice little 45 minute flight or so from Toronto.  I flew Porter from Toronto's island airport and I absolutely love that airport.  It's on an island just a very short ferry ride off the mainland...



and there's a pretty nice view of Toronto's downtown and the CN Tower.


Now I'm in Ottawa and settled into my room at the airport Days Inn.  I must say I'm quite impressed with my room.


Bright and early tomorrow morning I'm off to Iqaluit.  Pants, a sweatshirt, a lightweight winter coat and mittens are all packed.  I didn't bring a hat though - I can't get past the fact that this is my SUMMER and I refuse to wear a winter hat!  It was 28 degrees when I just went out to get something to eat a little while ago - and according to the forecast I'm going to be lucky if it gets to 8 degrees for the next few days of my life!

If anyone does happen to log on and see this post I'd love it if you can send me a quick email and let me know if I have managed to upload things successfully.  Assuming yes, I'll do my best to keep you updated about my travels - but as I said it will be contingent upon me having WiFi access and I'm not sure how much of that I'm going to have, at least in Nunavut anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment