Sunday 11 July 2021

Pandemic response - Week 69

This week started off really slowly - I found it hard to get into any sort of rhythm with my days - but then I also realized that’s okay.  I’m not saying I want all of my days to be like that, but the odd day now and then when nothing gets accomplished is all right.


Needing a little extra closet space…down at the beach?










I guess too many people missed the sign when it was more off to the side - now it’s right in the middle of the WALKING path!


Leaving the ‘security’ of the river for the open water.


Lots of boats back in the water now — but still empty slips where our American friends still can’t visit.


Sumac - two different varieties, above and below.




Mating season for beetles


Every time I walk by this house I notice their cute, pink, screen door.









I loved these clouds on the horizon…and the hope is that after a very grey, overcast and rainy day, maybe it will clear in time for a sunset 🤞
First night I’ve seen the sun set since getting back this time.



Milkweed pods are just starting to grow…and there couldn’t be a better spot than on milkweed for a monarch butterfly caterpillar.


Such a creative use for an old barbecue!


This was my view for a great part of an afternoon this week.






This bench lives at the top of the public access to the beach…not sure how it got down here but I have to admit, it’s kind of a nice place to sit!


A cloudy day today…but the clouds can be quite interesting to watch!

Sweat pea on the beach???

Somebody put a lot of time and thought into building this sand structure.

Friends dropped in to say ‘hello’ while I was reading on the beach.

This 10 acre field is for sale right now, and for the first time in many years, there isn’t a cash crop planted - it’s just grass instead.  Given that the field is just a couple of blocks away, my nose is loving that there isn’t any fertilizer being used right now!

‘It’s 5 o’clock somewhere’ - the perfect flag for here, especially in the summer!

The week ended with one of those surprise sunsets that comes at the end of a very cloudy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment