Saturday 15 May 2021

Pandemic response - Week 61

Ontario’s ‘stay-at-home’ order was extended again this week - now to last until at least June 2nd.  This is definitely feeling like a VERY LONG lockdown!!

A few more photos this week than the past few posts because I got out and walked a couple of trails in addition to walking the city streets.  One of those walks I’ve included here - hence why some extra photos.  I’m going to try and do that a couple of times each week - get out onto one of the city’s many wonderful walking trails.




These are my ideal front lawns - so pretty to look at and no lawn to mow!


Noticed immediately on my first day back in Toronto that the purple lilacs are ahead of those in Bayfield.








How’s this for a great treehouse?





This is one hardy, little tree...and it’s actually blooming




A month later, and even more leaf cover on the Beltline.



I came across the little community when I was out walking.  They all seem to be pretty happy!




Nice of the city to build around this tree.

What a gorgeous purple door!






The Leslie Street Spit was the destination for one of my walks this week.  I wrote about the Leslie Street Spit in Week 35 so more information about it there if you want.  It was nice to get back and see it in a different season.




Putting in docks here in Toronto too.  Not done in quite the same way as they do in Bayfield, but then again the scale is just a bit bigger.  Here is the tugboat bringing in a section of dock.

Can you see the CN Tower in the background?











I had a little company on my walk today.

And a little fox pup poking their head out of the den.  That was as far as he ventured while I was there.




Most of us on the trail were either walking or cycling, but not this fellow.


Cormorant nesting season

And egrets in their nest



Swallow nests

This little robin has a nest near the swallows and the swallow are not happy!  They were continually dive-bombing her.




Look at the beautiful colour of these!


Here’s my favourite neighbourhood ‘decoration tree’ - it still has some colourful decorations left from Mother’s Day.










Stop and Spell, on this front lawn



I love how the colours in these two bushes blend together.


Walking back in one of Toronto’s ravines again:


Red-winged blackbird


Beaver action here, cutting down these trees.


To build a dam - seen here on the right.  Being guarded by the turtle!

Lots of turtles here today!


Not the best photo - but this big guy is a snapping turtle.

Ducks here too.


No comments:

Post a Comment