Sunday 9 May 2021

Pandemic response - Week 60

Our spring weather still hasn’t really stabilized.  Another week of temperatures well below the seasonal norms - I’m still wearing a hat and mittens some days on my walks and we had at least three overnight frost advisories this week.  More cloud than sun this week as well...so the times I did see blue sky were pretty lovely.

A field of Lily of the Valley


The first pop of lilac blossoms...





Carpets of magnolia petals...that’s what hours of rain will do.

I wonder if anything little lives here?


All of a sudden during today’s walk, in rolled the fog!




Can you see them, playing ‘King of the Castle’ on top of the old bridge?




Nearing the end of their life, our white trilliums will sometimes turn pink

Thank you squirrels for these tulips in the middle of nowhere

“You are beautiful” - a new sticker down at the pier




The blue jays have returned this year - and one lost a feather...




This little fern has escaped from the garden.  It should be on the other side of the rocks, not out in the lawn!


Baby tulip tree leaves




They’re here - the goslings have hatched!















It took these ones several more days to bloom, but these are two other bunches of tulips in my garden - again, not planted by me.



Here comes the barge - so I bet the pilings will be put in very soon.


Back home to Goderich
I loved the clouds this afternoon, watching them change over a few hours as the storm approached.






I was right - putting in the pilings has begun.  They made excellent progress in just the first day.






The purple lilacs stil haven’t popped.  They are so close, but they just need some more warmth.




Out for an early morning paddle

And to end this week - Happy Mother’s Day!

Good-bye to Bayfield again for a little while - time for me to had back to Toronto so my brother and his family can spend some time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment