Sunday 4 April 2021

Pandemic response - Week 55 - Happy Easter

This has not been an easy week.  Coming back to Toronto was, psychologically, far harder than I thought it was going to be.  Although like everyone, I’m very much aware that we have now passed the one year mark, there is just something about being back in Toronto again that really drove that home to me.  Walking along the Beltline Trail again - exactly where I was a year ago - and the reality is that little has changed.  Add to that the fact that Ontario (and many provinces in Canada) is now firmly in the clasp of a third wave that has numbers skyrocketing again - particularly variant cases that are proving to spread faster and affect younger adults far more severely!!  At the end of this week Ontario was once again in a province-wide lockdown, hoping to bring things back under control again.

It was a rather mindless week for me and I found it difficult to get into the rhythm of anything. I went downtown to meet a friend for a backyard coffee on one day, but most of the time I stuck close to home.  With that though I was completely uninspired to take photos - I found myself thinking that I’ve probably already photographed anything and everything of interest on these streets and pathways that I’ve walked so much this past year.  Not completely true I’m sure - but apologies in advance if you do see something you’ve seen before.

Convocation Hall on the University of Toronto Campus




Spring is coming...







I have no idea what happened to this tree, but I love the way it’s growing

In addition to walking the Beltline Trail again, I’ve also found myself back in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery.  As you know, it’s the closest, largest green space to my house (so easy to end up here) plus I find it a very calming place to be.  Definitely needed this week!

So very true for me right now!

I love how these bushes are growing up and over older headstones.




The flowering trees are slowly starting to come to life this spring.





My neighbour has recently cut down a tree - interesting to see how it grew, and how it had to be cut down.

HAPPY EASTER 🐣 everyone - with some decorations from both Bayfield and Toronto.




No comments:

Post a Comment