Sunday 7 February 2021

A bit of sunshine = exploring a couple of walking trails

We actually had a couple of sunny days this week and so I decided to take advantage of them and go for a walk on some local walking trails.  Although I didn’t meet anyone to have a chat with while I was walking, I did enjoy the change of scenery!

Back in October (Week 31/32) I posted about a walk I went on at Naftel’s Creek Conservation Area and I decided to see what it’s like in the winter time.  My boots aren’t exactly designed for winter hiking - the tread on them leaves a lot to be desired - but so long as I’m careful and the trail isn’t too icy, it’s okay.


















The other trail I went to this week was new to me - the Millennium Trail in Goderich.  This trail hugs the south shore of the Maitland River for about 3.5 kms - at times looking down on the river and at other times walking along the flood plain.

I knew that as soon as I got any closer all those ducks would fly away.




It’s just warm enough to cause steam on the surface of some of the creeks that feed into the Maitland River.











No comments:

Post a Comment