Sunday 5 July 2020

Pandemic response - Week 16

Canadians have always proudly displayed our flag and if comments from friends who have visited me from overseas are accurate, it seems we display our flag even more so than many other countries do.  And of course on Canada Day (which was this week on July 1st) - it can be found everywhere!





Can you see it way up there?






Light show on the CN Tower for Canada Day



Today was the first time I’d walked from where I live, which is totally residential, over to my local shopping ‘hood’.  It has always been a very dense living/working/shopping part of the city but in the past few years there’s been a real construction boom, particularly of condo buildings.  At least some of the architecture is interesting!


These look very funky but I have to think they could get really hot!!


Completed in 1937, Postal Station “K” remained in operation as a post office until 2013.  The Royal Cypher, prominently displayed above the entrance, is one of very few in the world created for King Edward VIII, who reigned for only 325 days before renouncing the throne in December 1936.


Don’t know how they got the ladder there, but now I see how they get the street art up there.


This is a new initiative on some Toronto streets to allow people to be outside and walking/cycling with reduced vehicle traffic.  They’re called “Quiet Streets” - shared space.  The hope is obviously to promote physical distancing.

This is our ‘new norm’ for shopping now!


I don’t know if my neighbour has always had this door or if it’s new - but I really like it!



Even during a renovation, even during a pandemic, Torontonians are great Raptors fans!









I went for a walk in another neighbourhood this afternoon - not too far from where I live and still downtown Toronto.  Some beautiful houses here, and you can tell from all the trees that it’s an old, well-established area.





Does this not look like a little hobbit door?

Doesn’t everyone hang artwork on their fence?






And now to end the week, look where I am again...back in my happy place!!


No comments:

Post a Comment