Wednesday 1 July 2020

Pandemic response - Week 15

Another week of work and another week of feeling a bit ‘out of sorts’.  Nothing seriously wrong, but although I am more and more used to working on site in the school now, I’m still having difficulty reconciling the fact that day after day I’m working alone in an empty building - a building that should normally be filled with 500+ people, most of them children!!  This just isn’t the way my job is supposed to be.

Again, fewer walks this week than when I was working from home, but hope you still enjoy some photos.



You can see from my flower photos how the seasons have changed.  No more tulips and daffodils!







I just love this house - it’s around the corner from my school.

Soon to be a construction site but I just loved how, at this stage in the demolition, the outline of previous buildings could still be seen.



I came across these panel boards for an art project called ‘The Big Picture’.  Children across Ontario were invited to submit unique pieces of artwork and each young artist selected a charity they would support if they were to win.  Of course I had to stop and take photos of children’s art work..so very talented young artists here!




This beautiful building is now a liquor store but originally it was the North Toronto Railway station, built in 1916.  Though it now serves as the Summerhill LCBO outlet, the largest liquor store in Canada, freight trains still rumble behind the station.  During restoration, to break-up train induced vibrations that might otherwise rattle bottles and ‘bruise’ more expensive merchandise, the concrete floor was impregnated with rubber from discarded automobile tires.



Another favourite house of mine - a couple of blocks from home



Interesting place to put a mirror...and great reflection!

Still finding lost articles of clothing...

These pansies definitely had my name on them!

This street is just around the corner from where I live.  One of my favourites, not only because the houses and gardens are beautiful, but if you look at the road itself you’ll see it’s made of interlocking brick!!  The city would love to pave over it - the residents obviously think otherwise, and despite whenever repairs are needed it remains as interlocking brick.


Just in case anyone would like to do a little ironing...

Blue sky and white, fluffy cloud reflections

Just coming into bloom








I can totally understand why this would be discarded - we haven’t had a day below about 30 degrees Celsius in two weeks now!

No comments:

Post a Comment