Tuesday 9 June 2020

Pandemic response - Week 12

One week back in the city.  It’s not terrible but I’d certainly be lying if I didn’t say being at the cottage was nicer.  Not only was the scenery nicer but it was a bit hard having to move back to a location where COVID-19 affects day-to-day life much more than it does in the rural setting.

I also found it really tough to have to go back into the school again.  It was like walking into some weird time-warp, with the big, green shamrock still on the office door and the purple snowflakes still hanging on my office windows.  I was very unfocused for the first couple of days and really couldn’t get any work done at all.  It’s getting better...but it wasn’t a good transition.

Crossing the road on my way home: Mummy, Daddy and six ganders


Back to the urban photos again

This is the most amazing red tree






My cemetery is open for walking again but only really restricted hours which won’t usually correspond with when I’m out for a walk.  Hopefully soon I’ll be able to get in, but in the meantime, it’s greened up nicely!


A reminder of what it looked like when I was last here



I found out that along the Beltline Trail (the walking trail near where I live) they do an Easter Egg Hunt every year.  This year you can still find some of the eggs...even in June.

Not quite as deserted as it was before.  Slowing things are coming back to work...but this would usually be bumper to bumper traffic

AND LOOK - back in the city and I find clothing!!




Trying hard to stand up straight...but no luck!

That ever useful swim mask one needs when walking in the city


Even in the city you can find interesting little gates



My friend’s garden - you’d think she planted everything just for me

This is a beautiful tree - I’ve never seen leaves this colour before


No comments:

Post a Comment