Saturday 25 August 2018

Last memories and the journey home

Time to say good-bye to Labrador (with a wee bit of Quebec thrown in there) and journey home.

There was a restaurant in Forteau that was highly recommended but I hadn't had a chance to try it yet so I decided that's where I'd go for my last night.  The food was delicious - good home cooking with lots of local cuisine.

Dinner was a salad with partridge berry dressing and cod-au-gratin
with bakeapple cheesecake for dessert!

I thought this was just perfect for my final thought


And then began the journey home.  First leg, from Blanc Sablon to Happy Valley-Goose Bay
At the airport in Blanc Sablon

 One last look at the north Atlantic Ocean and the Labrador coastline

 You can see the coastal road I drove along

 And here's the Churchill River again


 Change planes in HVGB (still like the security)
And from HVGB to Wabush/Labrador City


Then from Wabush

 To Sept-Iles

Then to Quebec City



And then finally home to Toronto.  After this full day of travel, and a time change, I was too tired to get my shutter speed adjusted quickly enough for these night time, in motion, photos to be in focus.  Sorry about that - but the CN Tower is still a giveaway to where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment