Sunday 13 August 2017

Prince Albert National Park in northern Saskatchewan

Another destination on this trip was Prince Albert National Park.

On the way I drove past Christopher Lake:

 And Emma Lake:
And then I got to the park entrance:



This residence, the park superintendent's house, was built in 1929 and it was the first permanent staff housing in the park.  In times of abundance, in times of depression, in times of war, in times of peace, this residence has stood the test of time....overlooking beautiful Waskesiu Lake

Oh my goodness, look what I found in Prince Albert National Park too.  Not quite as intense as at Candle Lake but still pretty awesome.


This little guy was enjoying the water and waves just as much as I was

I spent the day just exploring the park - here are some of the many photos I took in this beautiful place.













And before I left for the day I spent a few minutes enjoying the view from one of the Park Canada red chairs. Whether it's a place to rest after a leisurely stroll or to cheer your successful completion of a strenuous hike, Park Canada's red chairs offer a place to slow down, to relax and to truly discover your surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment