Sunday 20 December 2020

Pandemic response - Weeks 38 and 39

Another couple of weeks spent in lockdown...with daily case numbers still increasing!  Worrisome for sure but with a government seeming to focus more on the economy these days I’m not sure what the answer is going to be.  Clearly more restrictive measures are needed but with three weeks before Christmas and a very COVID weary nation I just don’t know.

I must admit I had a very lazy weekend at the end of Week 38 - no big walks at all, so just some local photos. 

Nice message on the sidewalk - “Kindness is Contagious... Pass It On!”

Instead of the usual red, these little white berries caught my eye



My neighbour’s tree in a new season...now all decorated for Christmas

There’s a street not far from where I live by the name of Inglewood Drive, better known at this time of year however as “Kringlewood”.  The tradition started seven years ago and this year there are more than 50 of these giant, 14-foot tall, air-blown Santas.  I have to say, it brought a big smile to my face walking along the street this afternoon.











Walking in a neighbourhood not far from where I live and for the first time ever I noticed the streetlights along some of the streets.

Back out on the Beltline Trail again

I happened to notice this random silver ball hanging in the tree.
Oh look - is that someone, wearing purple, taking photos?


The end of Week 39 saw me finishing work (the short-term contract I was doing is now done) and on the weekend I took my car in for a regular servicing.  Due to the lockdown we’re not allowed to wait inside so while the car was being worked on I went for a walk.  The dealership is in a part of Toronto where I don’t go very often, so I had a couple of hours to wander and take photos.  It was a coolish day without any sunshine, so photos look rather grey...but then again there’s no snow so I won’t complain.







Headquarters for the Toronto Humane Society






On the sidewalks here are blue tiles to represent the Don River that is nearby

Originally a post office, built in 1913, this is now a Toronto Public Library branch

There was just something about this little house, rather neglected and tucked away behind all the overgrown branches that appealed to me






Underpass park was built in 2012 and was the first of it’s kind, transforming previously underused and derelict spaces into an urban neighbourhood amenity.





Somewhat of an unusual place to find a picnic table, but really good for physical distancing!




Wondering if this is a COVID message, or to keep distant from raccoons?





An abandoned railway line

Another segment of the Martin Goodman trail

This is where the Don River enters from Lake Ontario


No comments:

Post a Comment