Wednesday 22 May 2013

Good-bye Australia - hello Indonesia

Sorry I haven't updated the blog in a little while but as you'll soon see, I haven't had that much time, nor access to WiFi, recently.

I'll start by going back to last week though.  Unfortunately the weather in Melbourne didn't really cooperate in terms of me getting out to do another of the self-guided walks, so despite my best efforts I only got 6 of the 7 walks completed.  I do have a "to do" list for my next trip to Australia though so this 7th walk can be one of the things on that list.

So my last few days in Melbourne - which was also my last few days in Australia - were spent pretty much just hanging around my friend's place and her immediate neighbourhood and doing all my last minute shopping, organizing and packing.

Then last Thursday night I was back at an airport again, but this time at the international departures terminal... on my way to Indonesia.

It was a 3 hour flight to Perth, a 2.5 hour stopover, and then another 4 hours to Jakarta.  So after an all-nighter of travelling I arrived safely and tired here in Jakarta.  Needless to say I didn't do much on Friday.

I have a friend who is living here in Jakarta now and I'm staying at her place.  Pretty nice view from her apartment --- welcome to Jakarta!





No comments:

Post a Comment