Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas 'Downunder'

My Australian Christmas day dawned bright and sunny and more than sufficiently warm!  Absolutely no chance of having a white Christmas here, unless of course anything white on the ground is sand maybe.



Lovely hot croissants with ham and cheese began my day and it didn't take me long to decide that the sparkling shiraz needed to be opened and enjoyed.


We ate our big Christmas meal early in the afternoon and in true Aussie style most of it was cooked outside on the BBQ.  Here it is just as it was getting started with the turkey and roast lamb!! (Yum, yum).  A whole plethora of vegetables came later.



Here is my friend carving the roast lamb.  Let me tell you, I had more than my fair share!



Our second meal today was until much later (thankfully, as I was still totally full) and now out came the prawns with cheese, crackers and pate.  What more could one ask for?


And we even had a little Christmas present from Mother Nature today too - two eggs in the little Willy Wagtail bird's nest hatched today and although the mommy bird wasn't too happy to have me standing there I did manage a glimpse of her babies.


Now just for some 'light' reading (as if the rest of the blog isn't also light reading), here are a couple of examples of jokes from our Australian Christmas crackers:

Q: What did the martian say to the petrol pump?
A: Take our finger out of your ear when I'm talking to you.

Q: What do you get if you cross a parrot with a centipede?
A: A walkie-talkie.

Q: Why did the boy take a ruler to bed with him?
A: Because he wanted to see how long he slept.

Q: Where do little fish go each morning?
A: To plaice school.

Happy Holidays everyone.  May you travel safely and may you enjoy lots of fun times with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment